RIngtones & Alarms: How to Install
For ease of installation, the best method to download the ringtones/alarms is on a computer. If you are on an iPad or iPhone, you’ll have to download a free application such as “my media” or “OPlayer,” etc. in order to save the file and be able to retrieve and install it.
To install your ringtone or alarm:
- Once the download is complete, find the file on your computer (normally within your “downloads” folder.)
- Double-click on the .m4r file.
- If iTunes is installed on your computer, the file will automatically open and import it to iTunes.
- Within iTunes, click on Tones in the left-hand bar. You should find your new .m4r file in here.
- Drag it to your phone’s folder when it’s plugged in to your computer, or just sync Tones.
You can also email the file to yourself (if you can access email on your phone), or email it as a text. Your phone’s email address is your 10-digit number at your carrier’s email URL. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AT & T: @mms.att.net
- Sprint: @messaging.sprintpcs.com
- T-Mobile: @tmomail.net
- Verizon: @vzwpix.com or @vtext.com
If you have any problems, contact us.